Monday, April 1, 2013

An Introduction

I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons in some form or another since '07 or '08 (this includes Pathfinder, which is certainly spiritually - though not legally - an edition of the world's oldest role-playing game).  I have been a dungeon master for most of that time: I first GMed in 2009, I believe.  This does not in any way make me a veteran.  There are people who have GMed for longer than I have been alive.  Heck, there are characters who have lived longer than I have.

"Why am I reading this blog, then?" you may be asking yourself, threatening to close this tab with one swift click of your mouse.  Well, in my years GMing, I have never once used a published adventure.  Never have I used a campaign setting that was not of my own devising.  No NPC I have voiced has ever read from a script that was not my own.  Not a single 5-foot square (or hex) of any dungeon I have sent my PCs into has come from another's mind.  I fancy myself a fair hand at world building and game design.  Am I saying this to brag? Yes.  Partially.  But these facts also have great import for this blog, for I offer original content!  Content which I will make public under the Open Game License.  Content intended for use with the d20 PFSRD and compatible with the world's oldest role playing game.

I will also write advice for GMs, homebrew rules options, gripe about things that need to be fixed (and actually fix them!), tell tales from my tabletop sessions, draw comics, go on and on about world building, and talk in general about the game itself.  If nothing else I will be another voice contributing to the general tabletop RPG milieu.

If any of that sounds at all helpful or interesting, bookmark this blog and check back periodically for new content.

-your friendly d20 despot

No comments:

Post a Comment